First Party Claim against Own Insurance Company
- First party claim is designed to offer various types of benefits to any injured party in an insured automobile, such as medical and rehabilitation, Income Replacement, Non Earner and Caregiver Benefits (if Catastrophic) and Attendant Care Benefits. Each benefits has certain limits either monetary or by time it is paid out. It is very common practice by the responding insurer to make an early cut off from the benefits the recipient is entitled to.
- It is important to be aware of your right that everyone is entitled to Accident Benefits claims regardless of the faultiness in the car accident as long as the car was insured at the time of the loss.
- Tort Claim against the At Fault Party :
- These type of claims are generally advanced against the Insurer of the at fault party in the car accident. As the insurance is mandatory in our province, most of the drivers are covered by active policy that carries the standard third party liability policy worth of $ 1,000,000.00.
- In such claims, the injured party is usually compensated for General Damages (pain and suffering) , economic losses and special damages